I get really sick and tired of watching the fitness industry, bloggers, personal trainers, and nutritionists complicate things. It’s no wonder why the majority of people who look to improve their fitness level, and quality of life, get frustrated and quit. Over the past 25 years I have either researched, tried it myself, or coached others, in efforts to discover the fitness programs and diets that render maximum results. What I have learned after all those years of experience… Keep It Simple Stupid!!!
Here’s the plan and advice I follow and would encourage my clients and athletes to follow as well:
- There is NO magic pill!!! Make small, progressive, consistent changes in your diet and exercise to get results.
- Drink Water! No SUGAR drinks
- Limit Fast Food! Eat REAL Food.
- Eat MEAT: Chicken, Steak, Turkey, and Fish.
- Eat FRUITS and VEGGIES: I struggle here but try to include broccoli and healthy salads into my week.
- Eat CARBS: Rice, Pasta, Potatoes. Limit but do not eliminate carb intake. I try to avoid but do not eliminate on non workout days.
- Breakfast: Bacon and Eggs! Yes there’s a healthier option than bacon… But I ENJOY it and it’s WAY better for you than biscuits and gravy!
- Focus on building strength and muscle. STAY OFF THE SCALE!!! If your making changes in your diet and building lean body mass, you are burning fat!!!
- Eat Clean, Train Dirty!!! You have to do BOTH!
- ENJOY the process! If it’s extreme, miserable, or frustrating (even if it renders results) you will quit and end up in worse shape than when you started. Make small, consistent, reasonable changes that will last a lifetime.
I could probably go on and on, but certainly DONT want to over complicate things. I can absolutely do that with sets, reps, cycles, macros, and calories, if you want me too! And that might be your thing! But the reality is for most of us… K.I.S.S.!!!